Hyacinthus orientalis 'Delft Blue'
garden hyacinth bulbs
- 10 + 5 FREE bulbs
- available to order from autumn
- 5 bulbs
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: any well-drained, moderately fertile soil (for container-grown bulbs use two parts John Innes No2 compost to one part sharp grit)
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: April and May
- Flower colour: blue
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 16/17
Porcelain-blue, star-shaped flowers crowd the upright flowerspike in spring, filling the surrounding air with their sweet perfume. A wonderful addition to pots and window-boxes, it also looks lovely planted in clumps or drifts throughout the border. Plant it near a pathway or entrance, so the scent can best be appreciated.
- Garden care: Using gloves plant bulbs 10-15cm (4-6in) deep and 15cm (6in) apart in early or mid-autumn.