Hydrangea Miss Saori ('H20-2') (PBR)
RHS Chelsea Flower Show Plant of the Year 2014
- in stock
- 2 litre pot
- Standard £4.95
- Next / named day £7.95
This shrub is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, well-drained, moderately fertile, humus-rich soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to October
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Winner of RHS Chelsea plant of the year 2014, this stunning new hydrangea can flower on both new and old wood, so it has a very long period of interest. The petals of the sterile, double flowers have a deep rose margin, creating a picotee effect with the creamy white centre. They look dazzling against the backdrop of lush green foliage, which takes on burgundy overtones in spring and autumn.
- Garden care: Leave the old flower heads in place through the winter. As the new shoots start to emerge in spring cut back a third to a quarter of the previous seasons flowering stems to the base and cut back the remaining flower heads to the first pair of buds.