Iris 'Alida' (Reticulata)
- available to order from summer 2018
- 25 bulbs
- Standard FREE (orders over £50), or £3.95
- Position: full sun
- Soil: well-drained, moderately fertile, neutral to slightly alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: Jan-Feb
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 5/7
Recently introduced and still quite hard to find, this mid blue iris has splashes of yellow on each fall. Gardening 'Which' Magazine carried out a trial on this plant and they recommend it to their readers, as it is a strong grower with intensely coloured flowers. Plant in clusters at the front of the border, or pot it up and keep it on the patio.
- Garden care: Plant bulbs 5cm deep in the autumn in a sunny spot in well-drained soil. Water moderately while they are actively growing and keep reasonably dry during their dormant period.