Narcissus 'Rijnveld's Early Sensation'
trumpet daffodil bulbs
- available to order from autumn
- 10 bulbs
- 30 bulbs
- Standard (dispatched separately)
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: December to February
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 12/14
In milder winters, or in particularly sheltered gardens, this trumpet daffodil can be in bloom in late December or early January, so if you want an early start to the season, then this is by far the best one to choose. It flowers a good few weeks earlier than many of the other big trumpet types, often producing blooms before the foliage has had a chance to reach its full height. This makes it ideal for extending the season - as well as lifting the spirits in the depths of winter.
- Garden care: Wearing gloves plant bulbs 10-15cm (4-6in) deep and a similar distance apart from late summer to mid autumn. After flowering feed with a balanced fertiliser, deadhead and allow the leaves to die back naturally.
- Harmful if eaten/skin irritant