Jasminum × stephanense
- available to order from autumn
- 2 lt pot (60cm cane)
This climber is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to July
- Hardiness: frost hardy (needs winter protection)
A vigorous, twining, deciduous climber that is smothered in clusters of fragrant pale pink flowers in June and July. Since it spreads quickly in all directions, it's ideal for covering a large south or west-facing wall or an unsightly garden building. Or try training it through a robust tree. To best appreciate the fragrant flowers chose a sheltered, sunny, well-drained site close to a house entrance or well-used path. In small gardens, it is better planted in a pot and trained up a trellis or wall.
- Garden care: After flowering remove old and over-crowded shoots. Prune hard in autumn to keep it within bounds, but be warned that flowering will be retarded the following year.
Goes well with
2 lt pot (60cm cane)
(shipped within 1 week)