common white jasmine
- within 4 weeks
- 2 litre pot
- Standard £4.95
This climber is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to August
- Hardiness: frost hardy (needs winter protection)
A popular, sweetly scented climber smothered in clusters of highly fragrant white flowers from June to August and pretty, fine foliage. This versatile, deciduous climber appreciates a sheltered, sunny, well-drained site, and can cope with dry conditions. Since it spreads quickly in all directions, it's ideal for covering a large south or west-facing wall or an unsightly garden building. In small gardens, it is best planted in a pot and trained up a trellis or wall.
- Garden care: After flowering remove old and over-crowded shoots. Prune hard in autumn to keep it within bounds, but be warned that flowering will be retarded the following year.