Leucanthemum × superbum 'Snowcap'
- 2 + 1 FREE 9cm pots
- available to order from spring 2020
- 9cm pot
- Standard £4.95
This perennial dies back to below ground level each year in autumn, then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately-fertile, moist but well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Justifiably popular, this showy shasta daisy produces a profusion of single, pure white, daisy-like flowers up to 10cm across with bright yellow discs from June to September. It is very free-flowering and makes a stunning show planted in bold drifts towards the front of a sunny border. It combines well with any yellow Achillea, or with ornamental grasses. It also makes a good cut flower.
- Garden care: Divide congested plants in early spring or late summer. Protect young plants from slugs and snails. Cut down to the ground in autumn.