Lonicera japonica 'Aureoreticulata'
- 3 litre pot | 60cm cane
- In stock (shipped within 2-3 working days)
- Standard £5.95
- Named Day £10.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, humus-rich, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: April to August
- Hardiness: fully hardy
The variegated leaves of this colourful climber will really help illuminate an area of partial shade, while the white, trumpet-shaped flowers (which turn yellow after they have been pollinated), have a strong, sweet perfume that will drift along on a summer breeze. An undemanding and easy to grow plant, it is not as rampant as some of the other forms, so while it still gets quite large, it may be a better option for a smaller garden.
- Garden care: Newly planted honeysuckles should be cut back by up to two thirds in their first year in early spring. The resulting new growth can then be tied onto a frame, and then nipped back when they reach the desired height. In subsequent years (again in early spring), thin out congested stems, and prune lanky stems back to healthy buds. Every few years, you may want to renovate your plant, and you can do this by cutting it back to around 60cm above the ground. The subsequent mass of growth will need to be thinned and tied on as before. After pruning, apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted compost or manure around the base of the plant.
- Humans/Pets: Fruit are ornamental - not to be eaten
Goes well with
W140cm D34cm H240cm
In stock (shipped within 2-3 working days)