Lonicera periclymenum 'Scentsation' (PBR)
- in stock
- 2 litre pot
- Standard £4.95
- Next / named day £7.95
This climber is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, humus-rich, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Good-sized clusters of cream and yellow flowers, which have a deliciously sweet (and strong) perfume, will fill the garden with colour and scent. It's a fast grower, but more compact than the species, so ideal for smaller gardens where it can be used to smother an eyesore quickly - while helping to attract beneficial pollinators. The bright red berries that form after the flowers are also attractive and will add a bright splash of colour.
- Garden care: Cut back established plants after flowering if they become too rampant, removing a third of the flowering shoots. Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted compost or manure around the base of the plant in early spring.