Lupinus 'Gallery Blue' (Gallery Series)
- available to order from late spring
- 9cm pot
This perennial dies back to below ground level each year in autumn, then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately fertile, well-drained, slightly acid, sandy soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to July
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Once established, this lupin can produce up to 12 flower spikes on each plant, while its compact habit makes it suitable for both pots and borders. The purple-blue flowers, sometimes with a white standard, blend well with pink and plum shades.
- Garden care: Stake with bamboo canes in spring before the flowers appear and deadhead the faded blooms to encourage a second flush of flowers.
- Harmful if eaten