Magnolia 'Fairy Magnolia White 'MicJur05' (PBR)'
(shipped in 3-5 working days)
- 3 × 3 litre pots
- Standard £5.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: any moist but well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Flowering period: March to May, then off and on until September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
'Fairy Magnolia White' is a semi-evergreen shrub with oval to elliptic dark green leaves with fragrant, creamy white flowers produced in abundance in spring. Responding well to clipping this magnolia is well suited to hedging and screening, planting as a group will enhance the impact of the scent. In colder winters some or all of its leaves can be shed.
- Garden care: Although fully hardy, plant in a sheltered spot, away from strong winds to be able to really appreciate the scent. Prune/trim for shape after flowering in spring. Mulch in spring with manure or leaf mould, especially on dry soils. spring with manure or leafmould, especially on dry soils.