Nepeta racemosa 'Walker's Low'
- available to order from summer
- 2 litre pot
This perennial dies back to below ground level each year in autumn, then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Deep violet to lilac-blue summer flowers and aromatic mid-green leaves. This violet-lilac catmint makes excellent, long-flowering, groundcover for a sunny border. Clipped back after the first flush in June, it flowers through to early autumn. Useful as an informal, scented edge for paths as, when trodden on, the foliage releases a pleasant aroma.
- Garden care: Lift and divide large clumps in spring, replanting divided specimens with lots of well-rotted organic matter.