- available to order from spring 2020
- 9cm pot
- Standard £4.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast growing
- Flowering period: May to November
- Hardiness: tender
Sumptuous magenta flowers that look near black in certain lights, contrast delightfully with the scalloped, velvety, grey foliage that looks great even when there are no flowers. Traditionally sought after for its medicinal properties this South African native is still used in cold and flu medicines today.
- Garden care: Pot up your pelargoniums, but only place them outside in the garden after the risk of frost has passed. Remove the spent flowers as they fade, and keep them well fed using a dilute solution of a high-potash liquid fertiliser (Tomorite is ideal) at regular intervals. If you want to keep them over the winter, move them to a frost free environment and avoid overwatering during the colder months.