- available to order from summer
- 2 litre pot
This shrub is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June and July
- Hardiness: fully hardy
The stems of this handsome deciduous shrub are clothed in rich green foliage, and then in early summer lashings of citrus-scented white flowers appear. They form in generous clusters, so the overall effect is very impressive - and the perfume is wonderful! Try to position it near a seating area and once it is well established, you will be able to cut some stems for the vase and it will make your home smell great too.
- Garden care: Mulch around the roots in spring with a deep layer of well-rotted garden compost or manure. Prune in late summer, immediately after flowering, removing one in four of the older stems to ground level.