Philodendron 'Black Cardinal'
philodendron Black Cardinal
- In stock (shipped within 1-2 working days)
- 15cm pot - 26cm tall
- Standard £5.95
- Named Day £10.95
- Position: bright filtered or indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: fast
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 26cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot cover: choose a 16cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
Delightfully dark red, almost burgundy foliage held on orange to bronze stems - if you have a fondness for unusual and curious house plants with a delicate and understated beauty, perhaps ‘Black Cardinal’ is for you? As this striking houseplant matures, its leaves change from burgundy to green to black.
Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a simple nursery alternative), but we have a wide and wonderful range on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Water freely when in growth, but keep drier in winter. Mist the leaves regularly with water to increase humidity and every so often put it under a cold shower to wash off the leaves. Make sure the winter temperatures stay above 10°C, and repot every couple of years.
- Humans/Pets: Harmful if eaten; skin/eye irritant/allergen
Goes well with
Indoor plant mister / misting spray
In stock (shipped within 2-3 working days)