New Zealand flax
- in stock
(shipped within 5 days)
- 2 litre pot
- Next / named day
- Position: full sun/partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: July to August
- Hardiness: frost hardy (may need winter protection)
The colourful, strap-shaped foliage of this new phormium is a luscious blend of warm apricot-pink and greyish green, and forms an attractive, fountain-like clump. This combination of bright foliage and good form makes it a very eye-catching specimen, so it can be used as a stunning focal point in mixed planting schemes. It will also dazzle when potted up and placed on the patio - and the sprays of summer flowers are a bonus!
- Garden care: In late spring, remove any dead or damaged leaves and apply a mulch of well-rotted organic matter to stimulate vigorous new growth.