Chinese money plant or missionary plant
- available to order from late summer
- 10.5cm pot 15cm tall
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 15cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot cover: choose a 12cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
The glossy green leaves of this relatively low-growing houseplant are rounded and have a slightly fleshy texture. They appear on long, slender stalks and form a loose, rounded dome, which looks quite structured. A handsome addition to a window ledge, shelf or work surface, it is also quite low-maintenance and easy to grow.
- Home care: Water moderately during the warmer months, allowing the surface of the soil to dry out in between, but keep drier in the winter. Mist with water regularly, and shelter from direct sun in the summer.