- available to order from winter
- 1 bulb
- Bulbs (only) £4.95
- Position: partial shade
- Soil: orchid compost or freely draining soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: April-May
- Hardiness: half hardy (will need winter protection)
The lip of these rich pink flowers has a finely fringed edge and is attractively speckled inside with orange and red. Appearing from mid-spring to early summer, they will provide a colourful show towards the front of a partially shaded border. The pseudobulbs of this gorgeous deciduous orchid have been grown in the UK.
- Garden care: The bulbs should be gently bedded in to the top of the compost, making sure that at least two thirds of the bulb is sitting above the compost. Ideally they should be spaced at 10 - 15cm intervals, or if potting up, allow three per 15cm diameter pot. They are not hardy so they will need winter protection. Ideally they should be grown in a pot and keep in a cool greenhouse or conservatory and kept dry over winter.
- Humans/Pets: Ornamental bulbs - not to be eaten
Goes well with
Brussels gloss orchid high pot cover white
Ø12.5 × H14.5cm
(shipped in 3-5 working days)