Potentilla fruticosa Danny Boy ('Lissdan') (PBR)
- available to order from summer
- 9cm pot
- Standard £4.95
This shrub is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun to partial shade
- Soil: poor to moderately fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May to October
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Great with silver foliage plants, as well as those that have lilac, blue or softer pink flowers, this sun-loving, drought-tolerant shrub makes a very pretty addition to Mediterranean-style gardens. It is relatively compact, so will also do well in patio pots.
- Garden care: Trim lightly after flowering, cutting the older stems to the base and removing weak, spindly growth. Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted compost or manure around the base of the plant in spring.