- shipped within 2 weeks
- 9cm pot
- Next / named day
This perennial dies back to below ground level each year in autumn, then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, humus-rich, neutral to acid soil
- Rate of growth: fast growing
- Flowering period: April to June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Nicknamed the drumstick primrose, this variety sends up vibrant purple-mauve pom-poms of flowers from mid spring to early summer above spoon-shaped, bright green leaves. This primula looks great planted in a partially shady garden border with white flowers, or among ferns. The flowers provide a striking colour contrast and associate well with other spring-flowering bulbs.
- Garden care: Divide large clumps after the plant has flowered, preferably during a wet spell.