Eventual height & spread
Puschkinia scilloides var. libanotica
Russian snowdrop bulbs
- 40 + 20 FREE bulbs
- available to order from autumn 2021
- 20 bulbs
- Standard (dispatched separately)
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: most well-drained soils
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: March to April
- Hardiness: fully hardy
At roughly the same time in spring, the strappy upright(ish) foliage appears, almost seeming to stand guard at each side of the emerging flowerspike. This spike carries up to 10 near-white flowers, which often have a faint blue stripe down the length of each petal. It is very pretty when intermingled with cyclamen or fritillaria (the snake's head type), but avoid overcrowding as they like their space, and will naturalise areas under trees and shrubs if left undisturbed. They do well in pots too.
- Garden care: Plant 5-10cm deep and a similar distance apart in autumn. Leave undisturbed and they will form good-sized clumps.
- CAUTION do not eat ornamental bulbs