Eventual height & spread
radish 'French Breakfast 3'
radish or Raphanus sativus 'French Breakfast 3'
- approx 1200 seeds
- In stock (shipped within 2-3 working days)
- Seed Packets (only) £2.95
- Named Day £10.95
- Position: full sun
- Soil: humus-rich, moisture retentive soil
For quick results there's nothing better than growing radishes, and this is a real classic: within four weeks of sowing you can expect to be pulling the peppery round roots with their characteristic red shoulders and white tips. Reliable, trouble-free and outstanding quality, they're uniformly tender and crunchy and a delicious way to pep up your summer salads. The flowers are edible too. A heritage introduced before 1885, this variety was a favorite among French market gardeners.
- Growing Instructions:Choose a sunny, sheltered spot with free-draining soil and sow sparingly direct where they are to grow, in shallow drills. Thinning is not necessary: taking care not to disturb other roots, pull out the largest as they reach the size of a marble, when they're at their tenderest. The rest will grow to fill the space they leave. Don't sow too many radishes at once, or you'll have a glut: instead, sow half a row every two or three weeks to have just the right amount to harvest all season long.
- Sow: March-August
- Harvest: April-September
- Approximate quantity: 1200 seeds.