radish or Raphanus sativus mixed
- approx 1000 seeds
- In stock (shipped within 2-3 working days)
- Seed Packets (only) £2.95
- Named Day £10.95
- Position: full sun
- Soil: humus-rich, moisture retentive soil
Very easy to grow, and ready to harvest just a month or so after sowing, radishes are perfect for the novice and can be grown in pots or borders. This mix contains a special blend of variously coloured radishes that will really liven up a salad bowl. Each colour has its own distinct flavour, but they are all an excellent source of vitamin C, potassium and beneficial sulphur compounds.
Mixture contains radish varieties: Hailstone (20%), Scarlet Globe (20%), Sparkler (20%), Malaga Violet (20%), Zlata Yellow (20%).
- Growing Instructions:Choose a sunny, sheltered spot with free-draining soil and sow sparingly direct where they are to grow, in shallow drills. Thinning is not necessary: taking care not to disturb other roots, pull out the largest as they reach the size of a marble, when they're at their tenderest. The rest will grow to fill the space they leave. Don't sow too many radishes at once, or you'll have a glut: instead, sow half a row every two or three weeks to have just the right amount to harvest all season long.
- Sow: March-September
- Harvest: About 4 weeks after sowing