mistletoe cactus ( syn. Rhipsalis cassutha )
- available to order from spring
- 12cm pot - 20cm tall
- Standard £5.95
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 20cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot cover: choose a 14cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
Slender succulent stems form a hair-like shaggy hummock that will cascade over the sides of a pot or hanging basket. This unique plant may produce mistletoe-like berries when mature, but it is for the fab foliage that it is best-loved.
Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a simple nursery pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Water freely when in growth, but keep drier in winter. Mist the leaves regularly with water to increase humidity and make sure the winter temperatures stay above 10°C. Repot each year.