- available to order from summer
- 2 litre pot
- Standard £5.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, well-drained, humus-rich, acid soil or ericaceous compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: April to May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Masses of broadly funnel-shaped, purplish-blue flowers cover this evergreen shrub in mid- and late spring, putting on a really impressive display. The foliage is small and grey-green, and when bruised gently it is aromatic. It forms a compact low mound that makes it particularly good for patio pots, larger rock gardens, or front of border positions.
- Garden care: Avoid planting too deeply and apply a generous mulch of leaf mould around the base of the plant each spring.
- Humans/Pets: Harmful if eaten
Goes well with
Empathy RHS rootgrow ericoid mycorrhizal fungi
In stock (shipped within 2-3 working days)