rocket 'Wasabi' (PBR)
rocket or Diplotaxis erucoides 'Wasabi'
- approx 500 seeds
- In stock (shipped within 2-3 working days)
- Seed Packets (only) £2.95
- Named Day £10.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moist but well drained
The leaves of this rocket have a distinct wasabi-like flavour, so they will add another layer to your salads. Just as easy to grow as the more commonly grown rocket, it can be treated as a cut and come again crop, so will offer months of delicious leaves.
- Growing Instructions: Choose a sheltered spot in light shade and sow sparingly direct where they are to grow from spring onwards. Keep well watered and thin seedlings to 10cm apart as they emerge. Pick leaves over regularly to keep the plants from bolting (running to seed) but don't pick the central crown so that more can re-grow. Rocket tends to bolt quickly in hot conditions, so in dry summers stop sowing in July and August and start again in autumn for a late crop.
- Sow: April-August
- Harvest: May-October
- Approximate quantity: 500 seeds.
Goes well with
approx 250 seeds
In stock (shipped within 2-3 working days)