Rudbeckia fulgida var. sullivantii 'Goldsturm'
- Available in 4 weeks
- 9cm pot
- Next / named day
This perennial dies back to below ground level each year in autumn, then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moderately fertile, preferably heavy but well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: August to October
- Flower colour: golden yellow
- Other features: toothed, mid-green leaves; excellent, long lasting cut-flowers
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Large, golden-yellow, daisy-like flowers up to 12cm (5in) across with cone-shaped, blackish-brown centres from August to October. This award-winning black-eyed Susan looks great planted in bold drifts with other late summer-flowering perennials and ornamental grasses. Coping well in a sunny spot, it's ideal for the middle of a border that doesn't dry out over summer.
- Garden care: Lift and divide congested colonies in autumn or spring. Support with ring stakes or brushwood well before the flowers appear.