Sansevieria kirkii 'Friends'
mother-in-law's tongue 'Friends'
- Available in 4 weeks
- 12cm pot - 37cm tall
- Next / named day
- Position: ideally bright, with some full sun, but will also tolerate shade
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: slow
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 37cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 14cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot.
One of our new sansevierias, this plant is one of the easiest houseplants to grow, but it still looks really good. It has sword-shaped, slightly fleshy leaves, which are irregularly mottled, and these form a splayed cluster that also has architectural appeal. It's ideal for the novice indoor gardener. The pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a black plastic pot), but they do make excellent potted plants. If you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
Please note: It is quite common for these plants to have small nicks or scars on their leaves. This does not affect their long term health or vigour in any way.
- Home care:The main thing to avoid with this plant is over- watering, so only water (avoiding the crown) when the compost gets quite dry. In winter you can cut back even more and only water every month or two and keep temperatures above 10°C. Repot every few years when the roots start to split the pot.