Tagetes tenuifolia 'Golden Gem'
(shipped within 1-2 working days)
- approx 225 seeds
- Next / named day
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moderately fertile, well-drained soil or a loam-based potting compost
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to September
- Hardiness: half hardy annual
Producing an abundance of deep golden-yellow flowers throughout summer and well into autumn, this is a very showy annual, that can be used as a companion plant in the rose garden and vegetable patch to help repel aphids. They have a compact habit so make ideal edging and look fantastic in containers. The petals are edible and can be scattered over salads. Ideal for children as it is easy to grow. Choose a sunny, well-drained site and remember to deadhead regularly to keep it flowering.
- Garden care: Sow shallowly into moist but not wet seed compost and keep warm until after germination has taken place. When large enough to handle transplant into small pots, and grow on in cooler conditions. Gradually acclimatise before planting out at 30cm intervals after all risk of frost has passed. Later sowings can be done direct into a well-prepared bed.
- Sow: February - May
- Flowering: June - September
- Approximate quantity: 225 seeds.