- in stock
(shipped within 1 week)
- 2 litre pot
- available to order from spring 2021
- 9cm pot
This perennial dies back to below ground level each year in autumn, then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: partial shade
- Soil: moist, humus-rich soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: May to July
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Tall spikes of bell-shaped, white or greenish-white flowers appear from May to July above rosettes of hairy, scalloped, emerald-green leaves. Fringe cups make excellent semi-evergreen groundcover for a moist, shady shrub border or woodland garden. Best sheltered from cold, drying winds, they're a particularly valuable choice for difficult areas of dry shade.
- Garden care: Remove the faded flower spikes once the plant has finished flowering. Lift and divide congested colonies in spring and apply a generous mulch of well-rotted garden compost or leaf mould around the base of the plant.