thyme - Jekka's
Jekka's thyme / Thymus 'Jekka'
- available to order from autumn
- 9cm pot
- Position: full sun
- Soil: well-drained neutral to alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Flowering period: May and June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Introduced by the renowned herb grower Jekka McVicar, this is an outstanding thyme that has one of the best flavours. Use the leaves to jazz up chicken, fish and vegetable dishes - and admire the small pink or white summer flowers, which will help attract beneficial pollinating insects.
- Garden care: After flowering cut back hard using garden shears to retain a neat compact shape. Lift and divide large clumps in early spring.