air plant - Tillandsia multiflora
- in stock
- 2 + 1 FREE plants
- in stock
- 1 plant
- Standard £4.95
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: these plants do not need to grow in compost!
- Rate of growth: slow
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 5cm (+ or - 10%)
The smooth green leaves of this great little air plant sometimes have a reddish flush, which becomes really quite pronounced when the plant is about the flower. It's primarily grown for this colourful foliage as the flowers are very small - but it is also incredibly easy and undemanding, which makes it perfect for the novice gardener.
- Home care: These plants do need a humid environment to thrive, so a bright bathroom or steamy kitchen would be ideal. Misting with water a couple of times a week usually supplies sufficient water, although additional watering may be required in a dry hot environment. Remember to shake off any excess water though as they dislike overwatering and should never be allowed to sit in water for any length of time. If possible use rain water, especially in hard water areas, and never use water from a water softener.