Tulipa 'Elegant Lady'
lily flowered tulip bulbs
- available to order from autumn
- 10 bulbs
- 30 bulbs
- Standard (dispatched separately)
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 11/12
A stylish lily-flowered tulip with slender, recurved flowers that are made up of pointed-tipped petals, each with a soft mix of creamy yellow and blush lavender-rose. It's a useful mixer, because it will help tie in richer yellows with stronger pinks or purples - and it also looks great when cut for the vase.
- Garden care: In September to December plant bulbs 15-20cm deep and 10-15cm apart in fertile, well-drained soil. Alternatively, allow 7-9 bulbs per 30cm sq. After flowering deadhead and apply a balanced liquid fertiliser each week for the first month. Once the foliage has died down naturally lift the bulbs and store in a cool greenhouse.
- Harmful if eaten/may cause skin allergy