Tulipa 'Mount Tacoma'
double late tulip bulbs
- available to order from autumn
- 10 bulbs
- 30 bulbs
- Standard (dispatched separately)
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: early May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 11/12
A very old variety that has deservedly remained a firm favourite through the years. The buds are pink and green, but the long-lasting double flowers open to a creamy white. The flowers are quite tough and are held aloft on sturdy stems late in the season. In the photos above we have paired it with Tulipa Angelique.
- Garden care: In September to December plant bulbs 15-20cm deep and 10-15cm apart in fertile, well-drained soil. Alternatively, allow 7-9 bulbs per 30cm sq. After flowering deadhead and apply a balanced liquid fertiliser each week for the first month. Once the foliage has died down naturally lift the bulbs and store in a cool greenhouse.
- Harmful if eaten/may cause skin allergy