Eventual height & spread
Tulipa saxatilis (Bakeri Group) 'Lilac Wonder'
(Bakeri Group) tulip Lilac Wonder bulbs
- 20 + 10 FREE bulbs
- available to order from autumn 2021
- 10 bulbs
- Standard (dispatched separately)
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: April to May
- Flower colour: pinkish-lilac
- Other features: all parts of the plant may cause a mild stomach upset if ingested; contact with any parts of the plant may aggravate skin allergies
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 11/12
Lilac-pink, bell-shaped flowers with a bright yellow blotch at their centre, top slender upright stems in mid to late spring. A diminuitive star for the front of the border, it flowers prolifically and is easy to grow. This tulip is one of the few that do not need to be lifted each year as it will spread to form good-sized clumps.
- Garden care: In November or December plant bulbs 10-15cm deep in fertile, well-drained soil. After flowering deadhead and apply a balanced liquid fertiliser each week for the first month.
- Harmful if eaten/may cause skin allergy