miscellaneous group tulip bulbs
- available to order from autumn
- 10 bulbs
- 30 bulbs
- Standard (dispatched separately)
- Position: full sun or light dappled shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: April to May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 5/6
Dainty and deliciously scented, this tulip is ideal for naturalising in short grass. It is quite a vigorous plant, which can spread by underground stolons. First recorded in Bologna in northern Italy in the 16th century, this delightful plant has now become naturalised throughout Europe where it can be found in meadows, orchards and open, rocky ground. It will thrive in full sun or light dappled shade and is quite tolerant of chalky soils.
- Garden care: In September to December plant bulbs 15-20cm deep and 10-15cm apart in fertile, well-drained soil. Alternatively, allow 7-9 bulbs per 30cm sq. After flowering deadhead and apply a balanced liquid fertiliser each week for the first month.
- Harmful if eaten/may cause skin allergy