Viburnum tinus 'Lisarose' (PBR)
- available to order from summer
- 2 litre pot
- Standard £5.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: December to April
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A valuable garden staple, this evergreen shrub provides year-round interest and will produce its red buds and soft pink and white flowers, which appear in flattened clusters from midwinter onwards, at a time when colour is all the more important. Tough and tolerant of shade, it is a low-maintenance shrub that works equally well in the shrub border or large pot. It can also be used to make an informal flowering hedge.
- Garden care: Remove any over-vigorous shoots that threaten the shape of established specimens in early summer, cutting them well back to within the plant's outline.
- Humans/Pets: Fruit are ornamental - not to be eaten