wallflower 'Primrose Dame'
wallflower - Erysimum
- 2 + 1 FREE packs
- available to order from autumn
- 1 pack of 10
- Standard £4.95
- Position: full sun
- Soil: poor to moderately fertile, well-drained, neutral to alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: March to May
- Hardiness: hardy biennial
Please note: These are sold as bare-root plants, which have recently been dug up from the ground. Therefore, they will look a bit wilted and sad when they arrive, however field grown plants are usually stronger, and they will soon pick up when they are either planted out in the border or patio pot.
Opening soft lemon before quickly turning a pale buttery shade, the flowers of this wallflower provide a soothing backdrop for strong purples and plums, as well as strengthening predominantly white and creamy bedding dispalys. A firm favourite in the spring garden, they are very easy to grow and the flowers also have a spicy scent.
- Garden care: Provide cloche protection where frosts are very severe or prolonged.
Please note that these wallflowers should be planted out as soon as they arrive!