wallflower 'Primrose Dame'
wallflower - Erysimum
- 2 + 1 FREE packs
- sold out
- 1 pack of 10
- Position: full sun
- Soil: poor to moderately fertile, well-drained, neutral to alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: March to May
- Hardiness: hardy biennial
These are sold as bare-root plants, which have recently been dug up from the ground. Therefore, they will look a bit wilted and sad when they arrive, however field grown plants are usually stronger. They should be planted out as soon as possible, and they will usual pick up when they have settled in.
Opening soft lemon before quickly turning a pale buttery shade, the flowers of this wallflower provide a soothing backdrop for strong purples and plums, as well as strengthening predominantly white and creamy bedding dispalys. A firm favourite in the spring garden, they are very easy to grow and the flowers also have a spicy scent.
- Garden care: Provide cloche protection where frosts are very severe or prolonged.