Weigela florida Magical Rainbow ('Kolmagira') (PBR)
weigela / weigelia
- available to order from spring
- 2 litre pot
- Standard £4.95
This shrub is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast
- Flowering period: May and June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
The foliage of this deciduous shrub emerges each spring with a wide creamy yellow margin, but during summer, it takes on pink tones. In late spring and early summer, masses of dark pink buds open to paler pink, trumpet-shaped flowers. Relatively compact and incredibly colourful from spring to autumn, it is great in larger pots as well as mixed borders.
- Garden care: Once established prune each year in midsummer after flowering, removing one or two of the older stems to the base and cutting back the flowered stems to strong shoots below the spent flowers.