Fiery reds and oranges are a sure sign that Autumnn has arrived. Inject some seasonal colour to your garden with an array of colourful foliage, stems and berries.
Cooler temperatures and shorter days mean less time spent outdoors, but you can still enjoy the pleasure of gardening - whilst adding style to your home!
Bulb planting season
The autumn months offer the perfect conditions to plant bulbs. These will create beautiful displays next spring - and they're so easy to grow!Browse bulbs
Our 5 top tips for October
The flowers may be starting to fade as the temperatures dip, but these are eclipsed by fiery foliage, which looks dazzling against the sinking sun. Make the most of the month and get outside when the weather permits - there’s still plenty of jobs to keep you busy!
Here are just a few of our top tips for October:
- Bare root fruit: Now's the perfect time to order and plant your bare root fruit. They offer a cost-effective alternative to potted plants, and they will settle in very quickly if planted in autumn. Shop bare root fruit.
- Coldframes, growhouses & cloches: Help keep your less hardy plants snug over the winter, by tucking them in with an insulating cloche. Shop cold frames, growhouses & cloches.
- Protect wildlife: Finding room for an insect house through the winter will help maintain the pollinators in your garden, and if you offer a toad or hedgehog shelter, they will help keep the slug population down. Shop all wildlife.
- Make leaf mould: There will be plenty of leaves dropping from the trees now - but dont let these go to waste, as they can be used to make nutrient-rich leaf mould. Just rake them up, pop them into a compostable leaf sack, and leave them somewhere out of sight. After one year, the leaves can be used as a mulch, and after two years you should have a perfect soil conditioner.
- Lawn care: If your lawn is looking a little lacklustre, then now is the best time to give it a boost. You will definitely see results next spring! Browse our lawn care.
Bulb planting essentials
From pots to planting tools, find everything you need to begin your bulb journey.Browse now
Keep your garden looking its best by clearing fallen leaves from your borders, pathways and lawns.
Plants for Autumn containers
Jazz up your pots by popping in a plant (or two) that will provide interest over the coming months.Inspire me
Plant me now: October
2 litre pot
available to order from late autumn