Anemone × hybrida 'Honorine Jobert'
- in stock
(shipped within 1 week)
- 2 litre pot
- Next / named day
This perennial dies back to below ground level each year in autumn, then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, fertile, humus-rich soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: August to October
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A fabulous plant for brightening up the garden in late summer, this anemone grows in sun or shade and has masses of elegant, cup-shaped, white flowers on tall, wiry stems from August to October. The leaves are vine-like, dark green, and semi-evergreen. These single flowered Japanese anemones are one of the plants traditionally associated with Japanese gardens, where they're grown against dark rocks or in the shade of trees. Best in partial shade, they are perfect for lighting up a dark corner of the garden, or at the back of a herbaceous border.
- Garden care: Cut back the stalks after the flowers have faded, and tidy up old dead leaves in March. Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted garden compost or manure around the base of the plant in spring. Avoid moving the plant since it resents disturbance. Where necessary, lift and divide congested clumps in early spring.