Berberis thunbergii 'Orange Sunrise' (PBR)
- available to order from summer 2018
- 2 litre pot
- Standard FREE (orders over £50), or £3.95
- Position: full sun
- Soil: well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: slow to average
- Flowering period: April to June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Upright shoots appear in spring, smothered in bright salmon-red leaves which light up the border like a beacon. As it ages, the foliage turns darker and develops a fine yellow border, but may turn greener in partial shade. Its distinctive columnar shape means that it not only adds colour contrast, but structural interest as well. This eye-catching new form can also be used for hedging.
- Garden care: Requires minimal pruning. Where some pruning is required, cut back in autumn or winter, after the appearance of the autumn fruits.