Cistus × argenteus 'Silver Pink'
- available to order from autumn
- 2 litre pot
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moderately fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to July
- Hardiness: frost hardy (needs winter protection)
Cistus originate from dry, rocky parts of the Mediterranean and Canary Islands, and so are drought-tolerant and low maintenance. They produce masses of flowers in midsummer, but each lasts only one day. 'Silver Pink' is particularly free flowering, and forms a neat mound, with a profusion of delicate, papery, silvery-pink flowers, fading to almost white in the centre, during June and July. Try it at the front of a sunny, well-drained border or in large patio container.
- Garden care: After flowering, pinch back young plants to encourage a bushy habit. Lightly trim or cut back any stems that spoil the symmetry of the plant. It benefits from a liquid feed after flowering.
Goes well with
2 litre pot
available to order from autumn