Cistus × hybridus
rock rose ( syn corbariensis )
- available to order from summer
- 2 litre pot
- Standard £4.95
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moderately fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June and July
- Hardiness: frost hardy (needs winter protection)
Mounds of wavy-margined, evergreen leaves are accompanied by yellow-centred, papery white flowers, which emerge from crimson buds in June to July. This wonderful, bushy rock rose is one of the hardiest, compact varieties. It is ideal for a large, patio container or a sunny, shrub border, but it does require protection from harsh winds.
- Garden care: After flowering pinch back young plant to encourage a bushy habit. Lightly trim or cut back any stems that spoil the symmetry of the plant.