Clematis 'Broughton Star'
clematis (group 1)
- within 3 weeks
- 2 lt pot (60cm cane)
- Standard £4.95
This climber is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: May and June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A delightful double and semi-double flowering montana clematis, which although vigorous and large is not as rampant as some of the other forms. This scented deciduous climber emerges with young bronze tinted foliage which mature to a rich green, offsetting the deep pink veined blooms from spring to early summer. A fantastic plant for covering an unattractive fence or wall.
- Garden care: No routine pruning is necessary. If the spread of the plant needs to be restricted prune immediately after flowering, cutting back overlong shoots to healthy buds. Apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the base of the plant in early spring.