clematis (group 1)
- in stock
- 2 lt pot (60cm cane)
- Standard £4.95
- Next / named day £6.95
This climber is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: May and June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Beautiful, bright cherry-pink flowers in May and June amid purple-flushed, mid-green leaves. This award-winning form of montana clematis is ideal for covering a wall or fence in a north-facing site. A less vigorous relation of Clematis montana 'Pink Perfection', it's perfect for small gardens.
- Garden care: No routine pruning is necessary. If the spread of the plant needs to be restricted prune immediately after flowering, cutting back overlong shoots to healthy buds. Apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the base of the plant in early spring.