Clematis montana var. rubens 'Pink Perfection'
clematis (group 1)
- in stock
- 2 lt pot (60cm cane)
- Standard £4.95
- Next / named day £6.95
This climber is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: May and June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Sweetly scented, pink flowers in May and June amid purple-flushed, mid-green leaves. This vigorous, deciduous clematis is ideal for covering a wall or fence in sun or partial shade. Since it often outgrows the space intended for it, for a small garden we'd advise the less-vigorous Clematis montana var. rubens 'Freda'.
- Garden care: No routine pruning is necessary. If the spread of the plant needs to be restricted prune immediately after flowering, cutting back overlong shoots to healthy buds. Apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the base of the plant in early spring.