Cosmos bipinnatus 'Purity'
- shipped within 2 weeks
- approx 100 seeds
- Next / named day
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moderately fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to October
- Hardiness: half hardy annual
This popular annual cosmos makes a great filler for a sunny border, and as long as it's dead-headed regularly, it will produce a succession pure white, saucer-shaped flowers from early summer to mid-autumn. It's very easy to grow and it makes an invaluable addition to the cutting garden.
- Garden care: In early spring, sow shallowly in seed trays and keep under glass, transplanting them into individual pots when large enough to handle. Harden off before planting outside after the frosts. Alternatively, sow in-situ im mid- to late spring in a well-prepared bed and thin the seedlings out as they grow to allow approximately 30cm between each. As the seedlings grow, pinch out the tips to encourage bushier plants. Taller plants may need supporting with brushwood stems in exposed positions.
- Sow: March-May
- Flowering: June-October
- Approximate quantity: 100 seeds.