Delphinium Pacific hybrids
(shipped within 1-2 working days)
- approx 70 seeds
- Seed Packets (only) £5.95
- Named day £14.95
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to August
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Tall biennials with magnificent spires of large, semi-double flowers and attractive, deeply lobed foliage. The flowers appear in a wide range of colours in early and midsummer, and it is for this that they are so highly prized. Grow them in a sunny spot with rich, well-drained soil and provide some support before they get too tall.
- Garden care:Fill a seed tray with good compost, scatter the seed onto the surface and lightly cover with a little more compost. Water lightly and keep warm under glass until they are large enough to handle and pot on. Before planting out in early to midsummer, they will need to be hardened off gradually. They will usually flower in their second summer. Seeds that are sown later in the year should be kept in pots and over-wintered in a greenhouse or cold frame before being planted out in late spring.
- Sow: January-May
- Flowering: June-August
- Approximate quantity: 70 seeds.
- Humans/Pets: Harmful if eaten