(shipped in 3-5 working days)
- 9cm pot
- Standard £5.95
- Named Day £10.95
- Position: partial shade
- Soil: moist but well-drained, preferably alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: fast growing
- Flowering period: June to July
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Slightly glossy rich green leaves form a basal clump, from which stout stems arise in early summer bearing small soft yellow trumpets that are attractive to pollinating insects. More reliably perennial than many other foxgloves, it makes a welcome addition to the woodland floor, where it will settle in nicely with ferns and other shade-lovers.
- Garden care: Ensure that the soil is kept moist in summer. After flowering cut back the flowered spikes to encourage more sideshoots. Cut down to the ground after flowering. Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-ro tted organic matter around the plant in early spring.
- Humans/Pets: TOXIC if eaten